Avaliação Final do Projecto Capacitar Ampliando a participação e concertação da sociedade civil no processo orçamental
- Utgitt: 2020
- Serie: --
- Type: --
- Utført av: Bélisario A. C. dos Santos
- Bestilt av: --
- Land: Angola
- Tema: Sivilt samfunn
- Antall sider: 56
- Serienummer: --
- ISBN: --
- ISSN: --
- Organisasjon: Norwegian Church Aid/Kirkens Nødhjelp
- Lokal partner: Acção para Desenvolvimento Rural e Ambiente (ADRA), Conselho das Igrejas Cristãs em Angola (CICA), Comissão Diocesana de Justiça e Paz de Ondjiva (CJPDO)
- Prosjektnummer: CSO-LA/2017/390-566
Evaluation of objective
To ensure compliance with the rules established by the donor, to critically analyze the experience of the project and to assess the extent to which the project has fulfilled the objectives it had set.
Covid-restrictions limited the evaluation to using the following methods: In-depth reading of all project and product documentation prepared by partner organizations; holding face-to-face meetings with NCA teams and partner organizations; hiring local interviewers in the 6 provinces for the collection of information related to the project; preparation of scripts for interviews conducted by local interviewers; preparation of the 1st draft report, presentation of the results of the evaluation and joint review of the final evaluation report.
- The project increased capacity to mobilize the ‘voice of the churches’, and the communities in the decision-making processes on issues affecting their localities.
- The project led to increased involvement, and closer relations between community members and elected officials in parliament.
- The project was successful in building CICAs capacities, so that they became more informed, knowledgeable, and increased their visibility. This led to CICA- being recognized as a strong actor on issues of accountability and transparency. They were admitted as members of the PALOP Transparency Network. The NCA successfully always maintained a background position.
- NCA experienced difficulties related to the administrative management of three partners. It is advisable not to engage in innovative projects with as many as three partners, as administrative challenges, hinders smooth running of the project. In case of doing joint projects, solid MoUs must be developed, in order to clearly define roles and responsibilities.
- The project was largely focused on developing tools for and creating awareness among community associations on participation in monitoring, implementation of public policies and reading the state budget. It would be advisable to follow this u with a second project term/ module, to follow and advise the continuation of the work done up until now. This would have significantly bettered chances of sustainability.
- Even though the project was successful, some challenges remain. This particularly concerns the need to keep supporting community groups with training and capacity building, particularly on issues such as social monitoring, Participatory Poverty Assessments, and social participation in public life. Also- establishing better links with other stakeholders, would increase positive synergies.
- The success of the project testifies to the need to expand the project methodology to other geographical areas.
- The project should have included environmental issues in its approach. It was too focused on accountability and transparency.