Review: MFA / Norad’s support to global health product development
About the publication
- Published: June 2015
- Series: [Missing text '/property/enum/publicationserie/7' for 'English']
- Type: --
- Carried out by: Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH), Department of International Public Health
- Commissioned by: Norad
- Theme: Health
- Pages: 111
- Serial number: --
- ISBN: 978-82-7548-772-6
- ISSN: --
The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) has commissioned the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH) to conduct a review of the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)/Norad support to global health product development against poverty related infectious and neglected diseases (PRINDs), reproductive, maternal, new born and child health (RMNCH) conditions.
This report aims to:
- provide Norad with strategic and technical input to the monitoring of progress met visà-vis planned activities in the MFA/Norad’s existing PDP grants for the period 2013-2015
- provide strategic input to MFA/Norad’s goals and priorities for global health product development funding in the future, demonstrating the importance of global health product development funding, identifying opportunities for synergies and value-formoney
Based on these objectives, the report addresses the following policy questions:
- What have MFA/Norad’s contributions in global health product development been to date?
- What are the results of these investments?
- Have investments been appropriate in terms of strategic orientation, funding levels, grantees selected, and accompanying financing and coordination measures?
- Should MFA/Norad be recommended to alter their course of action in any of these aspects?