Food Security and forest conservation – a challenge for REDD+?
11:30 - 14:00
Ruseløkkveien 26, 0251 OsloLocation (google)
Africa will need to double its production of food in the years to come. The potential effects on the forests is clear, if productivity in agriculture remains stagnant. How can REDD+ programs address this challenge?
- More on the topic: Food security and Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative
- Introduction and welcome by Silje Haugland, Norad
- Food Security and forests – a win-lose relationship or can REDD+ make a difference. Arild Angelsen, Norwegian University for Life Sciences (NMBU)
- Addressing food security in REDD+ programs – Eirik Lindebjeg, WWF Norge
- Forest and agricultural productivity, Bernard Stormyr, Yara
- REDD+ and food security – Key challenges and approaches.Ministry of Climate and Environment
- NICFI, NMBU, WWF, The Development Fund, Norad
15:30 Summing up
- Norad – Section for Climate, Forest and Green Economy