Real-time evaluation of Norway's International Climate and Forest Initiative. An evaluation of empowerment of indigenous peoples and forest dependent local communities through support to civil society organisations
About the publication
- Published: September 2017
- Series: Evaluation report
- Type: Evaluations
- Carried out by: AECOM International Development Europe S.L.
- Commissioned by: the Evaluation Department
- Country: --
- Theme: --
- Pages: 150
- Serial number: --
- ISBN: 978-82-8369-034-7
- ISSN: --
- Organization: --
- Local partner: --
- Project number: --
The report presents an evaluation of Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative’s support for empowerment of indigenous peoples and forest dependent local communities through civil society organizations.
The main objectives of the evaluation were to:
- Determine to what extent NICFI allocations have lead to the empowerment of indigenous peoples (IPs) and other forest dependent communities (FDCs).
- Assess the resulting outcomes of NICFI funding in terms of forest conservation and improvements in livelihoods of the IP and other FDCs who live off, in, and around tropical rainforests.
- The evaluation selected a sample of thirteen interventions funded by NICFI in key partner countries (Brazil, Indonesia and Peru) between 2009 and 2016. This included 11 funded under the Civil Society Grant Mechanism managed by the Civil Society Department in Norad (CSD Rounds I-III), one funded by the Amazon Fund in Brazil and an assessment of the UNDP/UN-REDD programme’s support to IPs and FDCs in Indonesia).
The evaluation was conducted by AECOM (Spain).