Global Health and Security
Norad, Department for Global Health, Education and research would like to remind you on the seminar on Global Health and Security to be held 12th March 2012. We invite all participants to actively contribute in the discussion with own experience and research.
Introductory remarks by Norad
Presentations (each 15 minutes):
- Introduction to the SIPRI Global Health & Security Programme - Dr Peter Clevestig, SIPRI
- Information Communication technologies to strengthen health delivery systems in fragile states - Dr Alexander Finlayson, King’s College, London
- Successful health system reconstruction - Caroline Säfström, SIPRI
- Gender equity/identity groups in health system reconstruction - Dr Sally Theobald, Loverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Military medical services in humanitarian interventions - LtGen (ret.) Louis Lillywhite and Katharina Reinhardt, Chatham House, London
- The Polio Eradication Initiative in Afghanistan and Pakistan: The potential role of Nordic Governments - Rachel Irwin, SIPRI
Purpose and expected outcome of the meeting:
- Findings and knowledge gained in the SIPRI Global Health and Security Programme during 2011 is shared with relevant Norwegian stakeholders
- Further knowledge gaps and relevant next issues are explored
A modest lunch will be served after the seminar, opportunity for “mingling”. For more information on SIPRI Global Health and Security Programme kindly see the attached document or www.sipri.org/research/security/health
Please send your registration to email@example.com as soon as possible.