Seminar: Locally led development in civil society partnerships
Watch the recording of the seminar:
Time: 14th February 9.30 – 11.30 am CET with breakfast from 9.00 – 9.30 am CET
Place: Norad’s Information centre (5th floor) in Bygdøy allè 2 and live stream
Civil society partners have long and diverse experience working on localization/locally led development. Lately, the area has received increased focus internationally, with the USAID commitments and several international NGOs signing up to the Pledge for Change 2030. Norad would therefore like to convene its civil society partners and others who are interested for discussions and sharing of experiences in locally led development.
Some of the question we would like to discuss:
- How to shift more power and resources to local civil society actors in partner countries?
- What are the enablers and/or obstacles to locally led development?
- How to ensure that power and resources are shifted to organisation that have legitimacy and representation?
- How is the focus on locally led development viewed by partner organisations in partner countries?
The seminar will be held at Norad’s Information center on the 5th floor with online streaming.
9.00 – 9.30: Breakfast
- Introduction to the topic by State Secretary, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bjørg Sandkjær
- The need to decolonize aid by Dylan Mathews, CEO of Peace Direct based on the consultations held and reports published by Peace Direct, including , Time to Decolonise Aid, and Race, Power and Peacebuilding
- Examples of good practice of locally led development from partner countries
- Short film from the Norwegian Afghanistan Committee (NAC) about their work on locally led development in Afghanistan presented by General Secretary Liv Kjølseth
- Presentation of Pledge for Change by Kaj-Martin Georgsen, National Director CARE Norway
- Panel discussion with Bård Vegar Solhjell, Director General of Norad, Anne Bergh, General Secretary of Norwegian Red Cross, Dylan Mathews, CEO of Peace Direct
- Questions & Answers
11.30 – 12.00: Mingling
Registration: For physical or online participation, please register here by Friday 10 February.
The event will be streamed and recorded. As a participant, you may be visible in the recording.
Streaming link will be provided to registered participants.
We look forward to seeing you at Norad or online on the 14th February!