REDD+ for people and nature, phase II
OrganizationWWF - “World Wide Fund for Nature”
Total for 2013-2015:
40 000 000 Norwegian kroner
The project is based upon two former Norad-funded projects from 2010-2013:
37 500 000 Norwegian kroner
To catalyse REDD+ governance and financing systems that provide incentives for replicating sustainable forest management and low carbon development at scale.
- CONSOLIDATING JURISDICTIONAL REDD+ - Jurisdictional REDD+ frameworks are developed in at least three priority landscapes and nested within national REDD+ /Low Carbon Development (LCD) frameworks that support payment for performance-based incentives
- REPLICATING JURISDICTIONAL REDD+ - Replication started in one additional landscape nested within national REDD+ /LCD frameworks
- NATIONAL REDD+/LCD FRAMEWORKS AND JURISDICTIONAL REDD+ LINKED – At least one national REDD+ /LCD framework meets WWF 5 Principles and integrates subnational REDD+ programs that support performance-based incentives
- REGIONAL REDD+ COOPERATION - At least two REDD+ agreements support regional coordination and learning to improve the implementation of REDD+ and to manage cross border risks (e.g. leakage).
- REDD+ LESSONS INFLUENCE REDD+ POLICY AND IMPLEMENTATION - Key strategic lessons and practices from national and subnational REDD+ activities have been gathered and disseminated to REDD+ practitioners and decision makers to influence REDD+ frameworks and global implementation.
WWF Forest and Climate Initiative and partners.