Presentation of the report Early Lessons and Evaluability of COVID-19 Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF)
This webinar is hosted by the Evaluation Department, Norad, in collaboration with Section for UN Policy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to promote understanding of the implementation and value of the COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund as an incentive for the UN Development System to work together. The main purpose of the event is to take stock on early lessons and how these can be used to strengthen future efforts.
The report Early Lessons and Evaluability of the UN COVID-19 Response and Recovery was commissioned as a system-wide evaluation by the Secretary General’s Designate COVID-19 Recover Better Fund & Special Advisor to the Secretary General on Reforms. The exercise was supported by the evaluation units of Norway, Finland, Denmark and UN Evaluation Group.
The report is a direct response to the need to support learning and accountability of the COVID-19 Multi Partner Trust Fund and the 121 Socio-Economic Response Plans at the country level. The report assesses the socio-economic response of the UN Country Teams in the context of UN Development System reform. The report provides insights into how the UN Development System managed gender, disability inclusion, human rights, and Leave No One Behind (LNOB) in its response to the pandemic.
- Jens Christian Wandel, Secretary General’s Designate COVID-19 Recover Better Fund & Special Advisor to the Secretary General on Reforms
- Halvor Sætre, Director, Section for UN Policy, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Presentation by Balbir Singh, Senior Advisor, Evaluation Department, Norad
- Masahiro Igarashi, Director, Office of Evaluation, FAO, and Chair, United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG)
- Mathew Varghese, Senior Coordinator, System-Wide Evaluation, Executive Office of the Secretary-General, United Nations
- Silke Weinlich, Senior Researcher, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
Closing remarks by Håvard Mokleiv Nygård, Director, Evaluation Department, Norad.