Basic principles for Norad evaluations
The work of the Evaluation Department is based on a specific Instruction for evaluating the Norwegian Development Aid Administration and the general Regulations for Financial Management of the Government of Norway.
They are to adhere to the following principles:
- Evaluations should be carried out independently of those responsible for the administration or implementation of the activity/project.
- Evaluations should be carried out in accordance with recognised evaluation methods and principles.
- Evaluations should seek to clarify relevant issues.
- Evaluations should include operational recommendations that can be used when formulating budgets and further developing the activity/project that is being evaluated.
- Evaluations should contribute to constructive, open debate.