In the course of 2018, an increasing number of Norad’s calls for proposals will be published in the portal grants.mfa.no.
In order to apply for a call for proposals in the portal, the applicant must first register their organisation in the portal. It may take up to four weeks from when the organisation’s registration form is submitted until the registration is approved. It is not possible to fill out the grant application form before the registration of the organisation is approved.
In case of an open call for proposals, the call for proposal and a preview of the application form is open and viewable by everyone. This means that you do not have to be registered or logged on in the portal to view the form.
In case of a call for proposals by invitation only, the call for proposal and application form will only be accessible for invited organisations whose registrations in the portal have been approved. It may take some time from when the approval has been granted until access to the application form is in place.
It is important that you provide all the information requested when registering your organisation. Below you will find a guide to registering your organisation in the portal.
Step-by-step guide to registration
- All individuals who would like access to the portal on behalf of an organisation must register in the portal.
- No organisations are pre-registered in the portal, including those that are invited to participate by invitation only. A person in the organisation must take responsibility for registering the organisation. This person will be assigned the role of administrator.
- It is the administrator’s task to approve applications from people in the organisation to be linked to the organisation in the portal, and he or she will have overall responsibility for the organisation’s activities in the portal.
- Norad recommends that the role of administrator should be assigned to the organisation’s contact person, and that this person should register the organisation in the portal.
- Norad recommends that large organisations should have several administrators. This role may be assigned to several persons once the registration has been approved in the portal.
- The organisations may decide for themselves how many employees they would like to register in the portal. Registered persons all have equal access to work on the organisation’s applications in the portal.