How to recognize women peacebuilders’ work across the humanitarian, peace, and development nexus
On November 22, 2023, you are invited to a high-level dialogue to reimagine partnerships and coordination between women peacebuilders, international mediation, humanitarian, and development actors in crises and conflict settings. Norad and the International Civil Society Action Network (ICAN) in partnership with Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF), Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) and KARAMA working on women, peace and security will host the meeting.
The interactive discussion will take stock of current practices, and chart new strategies for coordination and partnership. Key questions that will be considered are:
- What are the strengths and weakness of current practices in peacemaking, humanitarian, and development aid in crises contexts?
- How are women peacebuilders responding and contributing to mitigating the challenges?
- What changes in practice and policy are needed to ensure that conflict prevention, crisis management and responses are fit for C21st realities?
The dialogue between panellists and the audience will aim to find practical and creative solutions to enable more integrated and inclusive approaches that draw in the comparative strengths of local and international stakeholders across the peace, development and humanitarian fields of practice.
08.30-09.00 - Registration
09.00-09.05 - Official welcome to Norad by Bård Vegar Solhjell, Director-General, Norad
09.05-09.15 - Welcome and framing by the host Sanam Naraghi Anderlini, CEO ICAN
09.15-10.15 - How to recognize women peacebuilders’ work across the humanitarian, peace, and development nexus.
Moderator: Laila Bokhari
- Sanam Naraghi Anderlini, CEO ICAN
- Hibaaq Osman, CEO Karama
- Jamila Afghani, WILPF Afghanistan
- Jan Egeland, Secretary-general of the Norwegian Refugee Council
- Gunn Jorid Roset, Deputy Director General, Department for Multilateral Affairs, MFA
- Lisa Sivertsen, Director Department for Human Development, Norad
10.15-10.20 - Closing remarks by Gunn Jorid Roset, Deputy Director General, Department for Multilateral Affairs, MFA
Venue: The Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad), Bygdøy Allé 2, Information center (5th floor).
The event will be streamed. As a participant, you may be visible in the video.