The World’s Most Beautiful Night Trek in Ålesund
Norad and The Norwegian Trekking Association invites you to a night trek to support the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Join our extraordinary mountain experience and help us spread the message about one of the most important issues of our time.
In 2015, the world came together and agreed to adopt the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals: The global work plan to end poverty, fight inequality and halt climate change by 2030.
The work is well underway, but for the world to reach SDGs everyone must be aware of them. That's why we're going on a hike together.
We invite you to join our night trek at Aksla in Ålesund on April 21.
The World’s Most Beautiful Night Treks are spectacular, accessible and safe hikes with an important message at its core. Over 7,000 people participated in last year’s event at Gaustatoppen. See videos from the previous events below.
The night treks are part of an information campaign about Norwegian development aid organized by Norad. The hikes are held in cooperation with Ålesund municipality, Norwegian Tourist Association and The Red Cross.
- The event is free of charge.
- Trail: Starts at Apotekertorget and goes up through Byparken to Aksla.
- Bring warm clothes, hiking shoes and headband lights.
- There is no possibility of overnight accommodation at the summit. Bring food, warm and cold drinks.
- Contact www.visitalesund.com to get an overview of available accommodation.
- Changes to the event due to weather conditions may occur at short notice.