Submissions to Norad’s consultation on Principles for Support to Civil Society
Norad has received close to 60 submissions from organisations and individuals as part of its open consultation on Principles for Support to Civil Society.
The draft was made available at Norad.no on the 7th of November 2017. The deadline for submission was, as requested by partners, extended to the 5th of January 2018.
- We are grateful for the wide interest and constructive input to this work, says Wenche Fone, Director of the Civil Society Department.
A broad spectrum of civil society organisations, academic institutions, interested parties and individuals, both in Norway and internationally, provided contributions. All submissions are now publicly available at Norad.no. Please see the link below.
Finalisation in March
The aim of the principles is to establish a cohesive framework for Norad’s support for and dialogue with civil society. They are to provide guidance and direction for Norad’s strategic planning of the overall civil society portfolio.
- We will carefully consider all contributions that may help to improve the quality and relevance of the document as a tool in our work to strengthen democracy and human rights, and to eradicate poverty. We will continue our dialogue with civil society organisations and others in other fora.
It is expected that the final version of the principles will be approved by Norad’s management, by the end of March 2018.
Read all submissions
In alphabetical order
- Arve Ofstad (Individual) - In Norwegian
- Association for Promoting Social Action (India)
- The Atlas Alliance (with attachment)
- CARE Norway
- CDP Worldwide
- Child Workers in Nepal (CWIN)
- Concerned for Working with Children (India)
- Dan Banik (Individual)
- Drug Policy Muckraking Team (DPMT)
- Fauna Flora International
- FK Norway
- Forum for Development and Environment (Norway)
- Forum for Women and Development (Norway)
- Foundation for Innovative Social Development (Sri Lanka)
- Foundation for Rural and Urban Transformation
- Global Witness
- Handicap International
- Healthy Lanka Alliance for Development (Sri Lanka)
- Horn of Africa Civil Society Forum
- International Center for Not-for-Profit Law (Washington)
- International Planned Parenthood Federation
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Marie Stopes International
- NGO Leaders' Forum (Norway)
- Norwegian Children and Youth Council (LNU)
- Norwegian Church Aid
- Norwegian Confederation of Trade unions (LO)
- Norwegian Multicultural Church Network
- Norwegian Musicians' Union et al.
- Norwegian People's Aid
- Norwegian Red Cross (NorCross)
- Norwegian Refugee Council
- Norwegian Students' and Academics' International Assistance Fund (SAIH)
- Norwegian Workers' Youth League (AUF)
- Panos Institute Southern Africa
- Partnership for Change
- Plan (HQ, Norway, Tanzania)
- Rainforest Foundation Norway
- Rainforest Foundation US
- Recovery and Humanitarian Action Management Agency (RAHAMA) (Sri Lanka)
- RNW Media
- RORG Network
- Save the Children Norway
- Southern African Alcohol Policy Alliance - Zambia (SAAPA Zambia)
- Southern African Alcohol Policy Alliance (SAAPA Regional)
- Stefanus Alliance International
- Strømme Foundation
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
- Woord en Daad (Netherlands)
- WWF Norway
- WWF US
- Øistein Glømmi (Individual) - In Norwegian
- Øyvind Eggen (Individual) - In Norwegian