Evaluation of Norway’s Bilateral Agricultural Support to Food Security
|Carried out by:||Particip GmbH|
|Series:||Evaluation reports 9/2012|
|Tags:||Primary industry (agriculture fishing forestry)|
- Evaluation of Norway’s Bilateral Agricultural Support to Food Security.pdf
- Annex 2_Survey instruments.pdf
- Annex 3_Sampling of projects.pdf
- Annex 4_Overview of Norwegian support to agriculture.pdf
- Annex 5_In-depth_case_study reports.pdf
- Annex 6_Light_case study reports.pdf
- Annex 7_Results_of_the_online_survey.pdf
- Annex 8_PETS background information .pdf
- Annex 9_Bibliography.pdf
- Annex 10_ List of people met.pdf
- Annex 11_Itineraries.pdf
- Sammendrag av Evaluering av landbruk og matsikkerhet.pdf
The paths to food security are many. Some of them are linked to agriculture. This evaluation was commissioned to find out to what extent Norwegian bilateral assistance to agriculture has contributed to food security. We wanted to assess this regardless of whether food security figured as a prominent goal of a given agricultural program or not.
The evaluators were asked to concentrate on the big money – the largest recipient organisations, institutions and programs of Norwegian support. As a result, we think the evaluation is more representative of the overall agricultural support than the sheer number of projects or programs directly studied – 25 – indicates.
Of the report’s 11 annexes, only one – the terms of reference of the evaluation - is included in the printed report. Annexes 2 to 11 contain extensive documentation of methods, findings and how the evaluation was carried out.
The evaluation was commissioned and managed by the Evaluation Department of Norad and carried out by the consultancy company Particip GmbH. The company is responsible for the content of the report, including the findings, conclusions and recommendations.
Oslo, April 2013
Hans Peter Melby
Acting Head, Evaluation Department